Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Adjusting

It’s been a while since I posted, but I am not giving up on blogging yet. The past few weeks have been about adjusting: adjusting to school, to the shift in weather, to life after triathlon, to more work responsibility. The first on that list has been the biggest adjustment. My free time has drastically been cut short as I pour my nose into articles, research, and homework. I have moments where I wonder why I am doing this, wondering if it’s worth it. But I think it is. One more year. One more year and I’ll finally have my masters and all the options that go along with it.

In between juggling school and work, my list of crafting to do’s continues to grow. Last week I completed seven bridesmaids bags for a soon to be bride. The bride to be picked out a different fabric for each girl and was genuinely happy with how they turned out. I really put a lot of work into these babies, making sure to pay attention to all the details. I was pleased they were so well received. (You can see more of the bags at flickr.)

With this commission order out of the way, there are so many things I want to try for myself now. Creative Little Daisy posted a similar a thought recently and I couldn’t agree more with how she is feeling. Especially now that my time is limited I am feeling the need to say ‘no’ more often to outside requests so that I can say ‘yes’ more often to my own little creative endeavors. I create things because I want to, and the more I have to, the less creative energy I have.


With that said, I have a bunch of projects in the works that I am very excited about: Moki’s letter swap and stamp swap, a new fall bag (or two!), and redecorating my living room (currently in progress) and bedroom. I promise to try harder to blog more often about these (and other) projects.

2 comments:

leta joy said...

Wow, these bags are beautiful! And wow 7 bridesmaids! Maybe I should send a hint to my best friend that is getting married soon! That is a great idea for a gift.

jen v said...

Those bags are amazing!