Sunday, September 03, 2006

WIP

I love long weekends, but tell me really, who doesn't?


I'm working on a commission order for seven bridesmaids bags. The bride picked out fabric to suit the individual tastes of each of her bridesmaids. What a fabulous idea! It's been a while since I've sewn any bags. Before the summer I was cranking them out every other day. Summer classes, working, and training for the triathlon really took away any time to be creative. It feels good to be sewing again.

Another work in progress is a little space to call my own. Since we have never used the dining area for its intended purpose of dining, I have decided to convert the space into my own studio. When you live in an apartment in the city, you really don't have a lot of space to work with. Peter and I are lucky to even have a dining area. We both agree that the space will be much more useful as a studio rather than a dining room. I'm trying to make the space more cozy than it is currently without putting a lot of work into it (we rent). Stay tuned for updates.

Off to Joann now for some much needed, and some not so needed, supplies!

No comments: