Monday, November 26, 2007

A new old bag


I had a brief stint as a bag designer about two years ago. While the bags sold fairly well for a business on-the-side, I decided to close up the shop and instead focus on my studies. I realized soon after that another reason I stopped was because it just wasn't fun anymore. I was making the same bag over and over and frankly I got tired of it. So when my friend requested the birds and the bees bag (the best selling bag during that stint) for her birthday, I dragged my heels a little.

Don't get me wrong. I love this bag. I love the fabric combination and after making so many of them it didn't take me long to make. I guess I just crave a new challenge, whether it be working with new fabrics or a new design. I seem to always be challenged when I sew clothing. Though I may feel like ripping my hair out at times because of it, I also tend to feel a huge sense of accomplishment when I finish something difficult or new to me.

My bag making days aren't over, but I don't think I'll be making this bag ever again.

No comments: