Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Ruffled Wristlet

Now that I've finished documenting our wedding, it's back to the regularly (or so I wish) scheduled programming-sewing! I'm grateful to finally have time to sew again.

My friend Catherine saw a ruffled wristlet I made a few months ago during her last visit and gave an audible "Ohhhhhh, cute!" I immediately knew what to make her for her birthday earlier this month. I even had the materials already on hand. It doesn't get much easier than that.

One of the things I love about this pattern, besides how cute it is, is how little material it uses. You can make this by just going through your scrap stash (because you know you have one). I think it's a really useful design too - just big enough to hold all of the essentials but little enough to grab and go for a night out or a trip to the gym. I use mine a lot. I'll try to take a picture of it the next time I am home during daylight hours, which sadly, is not often these days. Darn you winter!

(Thanks to my sister, Kathy, for modeling for these pictures.)

Pattern: Ruffled Wristlet by See Katie Sew
Materials used: Amy Butler Nigella and Lotus fabric from scrap stash
Notes: Cute design, great pattern! I've made this twice now and plan to make it again!

3 comments:

maria said...

Hi. That's such a cute design. I love the ruffle. I have a wristlet pattern that I really must make.

Katie Jean said...

so cute! thanks for posting it :)

Amy said...

This is so sweet! I was fortunate enough to stumble upon your blog late last year and your wristlet was the perfect inspiration for a much needed xmas gift!

I gave it my own attempt here: http://whiskandwhimsy.blogspot.com/2010/01/end-of-holidays-and-last-of-holiday.html.

Love your blog by the way :) xx